Visibility is extremely important when you’re driving, but it is especially vital during the winter months, when rain, sleet, and snow make driving conditions more hazardous.
Change your wiper blades when:
- you notice a change in visibility
- blades don’t make contact with the windshield
- blades squeak, smear, skip, or streak on the windshield
- there are cracks or tears in the rubber squeegee edge
Once you replace your blades, keep them looking and working like new:
- clean your windshield regularly
- don’t try to remove ice with your wipers–use an ice scraper or defroster (make sure to give your vehicle adequate time to warm up when the weather is cold)
- pull your wiper blades away from the windshield so they don’t stick to the windshield when the temp goes below freezing
Highway Tire Service & Collision is a family owned automotive service center in Terrell, NC. Drive safe!