Are you considering purchasing a satellite radio subscription for your vehicle? There are two satellite radio service providers in the U.S.–Sirius Satellite Radio and XM Satellite Radio, both owned by Sirius XM Radio Inc. Even though they are owned by the same company, you must still subscribe to one or the other, as they offer different programming options.
Here are some facts to help you get started.
- SiriusXM is available is most new vehicles
- subscription fees cost an average of $15-18 a month
- high quality digital signals are clear and static-free
- listen to the same station as you travel across the country
- approximately 70 commercial-free music channels
- wide variety of mostly commercial-free programming, including sports, news, talk, entertainment, traffic, and weather