Car maintenance is more than just filling your car up with gas and getting the oil changed. Keeping your car well maintained with regular auto repair will make sure your car lasts much longer compared to a car that’s not been maintained it at all.
Buying a new car is hard as it is, so why not just keep your car for as long possible? The way to do that is by getting your car regularly maintained. The first step to keeping your car maintained is finding a reliable auto repair shop that you can trust. Here are few things that should be checked on a regular basis to make sure you will get the most out of your car.
- Oil changes should be done every 3 months, along with the oil filter. This prevents rust, while lubricating the engine to make it run much smoother.
- Tire rotation is necessary to ensure you get the most of your tires. Rotating them makes it so they all get the same wear and tear.
- Changing the air filter prevents damage to major engine components. Air filters should be changed about every 30,000 miles. A clean air filter also provides more performance and better gas mileage.
- Belts and hoses should be changed regularly, usually when you get your oil changed. A cracked belt or hose can overheat the engine causing serious damage.
- Spark plugs are just as important as the key to the car. Spark plugs send the electric pulse in to the fuel to create the combustion to start the car.
If you are looking for a reliable auto repair shop, Highway Tire & Service has you covered. Our certified technicians provide free estimates on all services including brakes and tires. We have been providing Mooresville and surrounding areas with incredible tire sales and auto repair services since 2001.