At Highway Tire Auto & Lube in Terrell, North Carolina, we enjoy working closely with our customers to help them better understand their vehicles and what car maintenance tasks should be completed regularly for safety, performance, problem prevention, and fuel efficiency. While we will provide you with personalized recommendations based on your vehicle’s make, model, age, and mileage, here are a few of the standard car maintenance tasks you should consider having done or parts that should be inspected regularly.
- Brake Check- The time to find out you have bad brakes is not when your car has plunged through a store window or you’re heading down a steep hill! Even a set of newly installed brakes can fail at times, so have a brake check done often.
- Oil Change Service- We stay on top of the auto manufacturers’ recommendations for oil changes and can make adjustments based on your driving habits and other factors so that the engine and other components continue to perform as they should. This may be the most common car maintenance task, and one of the most important.
- Wheel Alignment- There is no specific timetable for needing wheel alignment, as you could need another one just moments after we do one if you throw it back out by hitting something too hard or at an angle. We can discuss signs that your wheels are once again out of alignment.
- Tire Replacement- All tires come with a rating for the number of miles that they are capable of lasting; however, that is based on ideal conditions, and you might experience something entirely different depending on your driving habits, road conditions, and maintenance done. We’re happy to inspect them during your car maintenance visit.
- Transmission Service- There are generally certain signs that your transmission is headed for trouble; however, we are happy to check it out and perform any maintenance it might need to prevent needing transmission repair or replacement.